The city of Bridgeport, TX , in partnership with Wise County, offers a mass notifications system to citizens. CivicReady is a communication service that sends immediate alerts to members of Bridgeport's community who are subscribed to the system.
Steps to ensure you are signed up for City of Bridgeport Updates:
2) Account set up: First name, last name, and email, select language preference, then sign up.
3) Next screen will prompt you how you would like to be notified. Add your address, phone number, and alternate email if you desire. Double-check the notification boxes on how you wish to receive updates (email, phone, text)
4) Select groups: The city of Bridgeport will be on the second set of "groups" click load more and checkmark City of Bridgeport Emergency Alerts
5) Select how you would like to receive the City of Bridgeport notifications Text or Call and the frequency. To receive any updates sent out select "As they are sent"
6) Finish - It will then open your profile page. You will find a groups tab on the left side double check that you are a member of the City of Bridgeport Emergency Alerts (found on page 2) After verification Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and press save.
You will then be notified of any emergency call-outs within the City of Bridgeport. If you have any questions please contact the city hall at 940.683.3400