We have received reports that citizens have received calls stating the City of Bridgeport will experience electric and water loss.
Please be advised this is FALSE information.
The City of Bridgeport will not experience blackouts.
Additionally, the water plant is fully operating and has not shut down.
However, we would like to encourage you to continue conserving energy during this time.
Tips to help conserve:
- Turn thermostats a little cooler (65-68 degrees). Avoid the use of electric space heaters.
- Close blinds and shades to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off unnecessary lights and appliances.
- Unplug electronics that are not being used.
- When possible, delay non-essential uses of energy washing drying clothes, washing dishes and bathing to non-peak hours, between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Use low-temperature cooking methods and avoid opening the oven door if it’s on.