- You Are Here:
- Main Street
- Christmas in July JEEP Parade FAQ's
Christmas in July Toy Drive Parade FAQ's
Christmas in July JEEP/4X4s Toy Drive Parade FAQs
NEW this year: We are opening the parade to all Jeep, Bronco, Toyota, and registered 4x4 vehicles! After all, the more, the merrier, right?
How do I enter the Third Annual Christmas in July Jeep/4x4 Toy Drive Parade?
- OPTIONS TO REGISTER for the TOY DRIVE Parade:
- 1. You CAN PRE-REGISTER and submit your $20 CASH donation online for the TOY DRIVE parade or select the TOY DONATION link if you plan to bring a toy the day of the event.
- 2. You can bring your CASH donation on the day of the toy drive parade (07/15/2023) to Northwest OHV Park - you DO NOT have to PRE-REGISTER. Just show up with your $20 CASH Donation or an unwrapped TOY.
NOTE: Pre-registering helps staff predict the number of attendees and can help speed up the check-in process!
HOW TO PURCHASE A VIP PARKING PASS -
- To purchase a VIP Parking Pass, you must do so in advance by paying online at Programs (recdesk.com).
- VIP Parking Pass participants will pick up the VIP Parking decal at the Parade staging, and the decal must be displayed on the windshield for entry onto Halsell Street VIP Parking.
- Don't hesitate to contact Krystal Smith at 940-683-3411 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
When do we line up for the JEEP/4X4 Vehicle Toy Drive Parade?
- Parade staging will begin no earlier than 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 15, 2023, at Northwest OHV Park At Endeavor Bridgeport Adventure Park, 279 George Mitchell Pkwy, Bridgeport, TX 76426.
- If you are in the parade and wish to park beside a friend/spouse, you must follow each other into the parade staging area.
- For example, if your friend/spouse is a VIP Parking pass participant, you MUST be a participant. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Please park where directed by v volunteers or the City of Bridgeport Staff. Anyone not complying with the parking instructions provided by our staff and volunteers will be removed from the Christmas in July Toy Drive Parade.
When is the TOY DRIVE Parade scheduled to depart Northwest OHV Park?
- Parade Departure: The Christmas in July Toy Drive parade will depart Northwest OHV Park at 6:15 p.m. Saturday, July 15, 2023, en route to Halsell Street in downtown Bridgeport.
Where is Northwest OHV Park Located?
- The Northwest OHV Park is located 100 miles northwest of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and is operated by Bridgeport. Signage at the OHV Park will direct participating Jeeps to the parade staging area.
- Physical Address: Northwest OHV Park At Endeavor Bridgeport Adventure Park, 279 George Mitchell Pkwy, Bridgeport, TX 76426
Can we fly our Jeep/4x4 Club flag from our Jeep/4x4 Vehicle during the parade?
- YES. You may fly your club flag as long as it's not obscene, contains profanity, or has any racial material.
May I Advertise my business?
- No. The unauthorized use of banners, signs, and flags promoting businesses is prohibited and will be confiscated.
Can I decorate my Jeep/4x4 Vehicle?
- ABSOLUTELY! Feel free to get creative and festive with the Christmas in July theme!
What vehicles are NOT permitted?
- Trailers are NOT permitted in the parade.
- Unregistered vehicles are NOT permitted in the parade.
Can we throw candy, items, etc., from our Jeep/4X4s during the parade?
- The City of Bridgeport requests that you not throw items such as candy at patrons attending the parade. This is a safety precaution for the Jeep/4x4 Toy Drive Parade participants and those in attendance.
What if it rains?
- Christmas in July Toy Drive Parade will roll out rain or shine. A little rain never hurt anybody. Right? The Christmas in July Toy Drive Parade will not be canceled unless the weather is severe and the City of Bridgeport is notified that the parade must be canceled for the safety of participants, volunteers, and staff.
Where do the Toy Drive Parade donations go?
- Christmas in July Jeep Toy Drive Parade is a benefit supporting the Bridgeport Santa Cops Program. The parade entry fee of $20.00 (if you are not bringing an unwrapped toy) goes to the Bridgeport Santa Cops Program.
Who can park downtown on Halsell Street?
- Jeep/4x4 vehicle participants can park downtown on Halsell Street for the Christmas in July Festival if a parade participant purchased a VIP parking pass and participated in the parade by bringing an unwrapped toy or paying the $20 per Jeep/4x4 Vehicle to the Bridgepo t Santa Cops Program. Otherwise, Jeep/4x4 vehicle parking will be around Harwood Park and other designated public parking spaces.
- No RE-ENTRY if you leave your VIP parking space: Once the VIP Parking Pass participants are downtown, they must remain parked. If they choose to go, no re-entry onto Halsell Street will exist.
- Please note: Halsell Street VIP Parking Pass is an additional $20 fee. Also, VIP Parking Pass participants will be escorted at the BACK of the parade this year. This will eliminate stopping mid-parade from parking JEEPS/4x4 vehicles.
If you do not buy the VIP parking pass, can you participate in the TOY DRIVE parade?
- YES! Jeeps/4X4 Vehicles who do not wish to purchase a VIP parking pass CAN still participate in the Jeep/4x4 Toy Drive parade if they bring an unwrapped toy bring a 20 dollar CASH donation the day of the event (7/15/2023) or pre-register online with your $20 CASH donation per Jeep/4x4 Vehicle.
Where can Jeeps/4x4 vehicles park without purchasing the VIP pass?
- Jeeps/4x4 vehicles who do not wish to pay for a VIP parking pass will park around Harwood Park and other areas designated by the City of Bridgeport. In addition, signage will be strategically placed along the parade route.
Will there be signage posted?
- The City of Bridgeport will have signage directing parking at the end of the TOY DRIVE Jeep/4x4 vehicle parade route.
What are the perks of purchasing a VIP parking pass?
- VIP Parking ticket holders park downtown Halsell Street.
- Closer to vendors, food, drinks, shopping, and the CONCERT!
- Show off your JEEP or 4x4 Vehicle!
- VIP Parking Decal - must be displayed in the window before leaving Northwest OHV Park.
- VIP Parking Pass participants will pick up the VIP Parking decal at Parade staging, and the decal must be displayed on the windshield for entry onto Halsell Street VIP Parking.
- Please note: VIP Parking is an additional $20 fee—this additional donation to the Bridgeport Main Street Program.
Christmas in July Festival on Halsell Street FAQs
What am I allowed to bring?
- Baby Strollers, Backpacks, Blankets, Sheets, Towels, Collapsible Lawn Chairs, Umbrellas-hand held only, blankets, sunblock.
What should I leave at home?
- Drones or any remote flying devices
- Coolers or ice chests of any kind
- Glass containers of any kind
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Non-Collapsible Chairs
- Professional Radios or Walkie Talkies
- Weapons or Explosives of any kind
Am I allowed to bring food or drinks from home?
- NO Outside Food And Beverages (Including Alcohol) are PROHIBITED. Food and beverages will be available along Halsell Street from local establishments and vendors.
I didn't sign up. May I still bring products to sell or hand out?
- No unauthorized vendors are not allowed. In addition, no unauthorized solicitation or handing out of materials is strictly prohibited.
May I Advertise my business?
- No. The unauthorized use of Banners, Signs, and Flags is prohibited and will be confiscated.