If you are interested in helping your community and have a special interest in libraries, then becoming a volunteer at the Bridgeport Public Library is for you. Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age, complete a volunteer application, and have an hour or more to share weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
The Bridgeport Public Library appreciates volunteers who assist staff in a variety of tasks. Volunteer duties may include the following:
- Assisting with programs
- Helping with Friends of the Library fundraisers
- Making sure materials are shelved in proper order
- Preparing for crafts or other programs
- Searching for missing items
- Shelving books
- Working at the Friends of the Library book sales
Volunteers become familiar with what is available at a library. It is hoped that this introduction to a work environment leads to a basic understanding of what is expected as individuals move forward with their educational or career goals.
For more information about volunteering, contact the library at (940) 683-3450, or stop by for an application.