Garbage, Recycling, Brush & Bulk Collection
The City of Bridgeport contracts with Progressive Waste Solutions to collect garbage once per week, recycling once per week and brush & bulk once per week with the collection days of garbage varying by location. On your trash day, simply move your provided green trash tote out to the curb. Recycling day is on Thursday's, simply move you provided blue recycling tote out to the curb. Brush and Bulk pick up is on Friday's and you must schedule your pick up with Waste Connections by Thursday at 4:30 p.m. at 877-592-5030. Commercial customers must contract with Waste Connections at 877 592-5030 to get a trash receptacle at their place of business.
- Halsell Street and North - Monday
- Halsell Street and South - Tuesday
- Recycling Pick Up for all of Bridgeport- Thursday
- Scheduled Brush and Bulk Pick Up- Friday
Acceptable Recycling Items
If an item is not listed on this list, then do not recycle it, please put it in your trash instead. If you have any questions, please call the City of Bridgeport at 940-683-3400.
- Plastics #1 or #2: Such as Water Bottles, Milk Jugs, Detergent Bottles
- Aluminum (no foil), Steel and Tin Cans- Rinsed
- Box Board: Such as Cereal Boxes, Cracker Boxes, and Shoe Boxes
- Corrugated Cardboard – Flattened: Such as Packing Boxes
- Junk Mail
- Magazines and Catalogs
- Newspaper and Advertising Inserts
- Office Paper, School Paper, File Folders
- Paper Bags
If you need the Progressive to make pick up at your residence on Friday's you must schedule a pick up with Progressive Waste Solutions by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday for a Friday pick up at 877-592-5030. The item must be set out in the front yard or side yard away from power lines and trees behind the curb or outside of the roadway.
Bulk Pick Up
Every Friday Progressive Waste Solutions will pick up bulk items including furniture pieces such as couches, chairs, tables, dressers, bed frames, headboards and mattresses, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, water heaters, stoves, microwave ovens, space heaters, lawn mowers, bicycles, strollers, boxes and other packaging.
Progressive will not pick up:
- Construction or remodel materials such as lumber, plywood, sheet rock, vanities, cabinets, toilets, bathtubs, sinks, windows, doors, etc.
- Non-household items including fencing materials, old lumber, storage buildings, boats, motorcycles, etc.
- Hazardous waste including freon, air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, paint, oil, tires, batteries, pesticides, televisions, computer monitors, and any substance that is hazardous to the environment
Brush & Limb Pick Up
Every Friday Progressive Waste Solutions will pick up brush and limbs. Tree limbs must be bundled in lengths of 48 inches or less and not heavier that 50 lbs.Grass trimmings, leaves ans debris need to be bagged in a 30 gallon bag or smaller.